• Latest version of Amadeus e-Travel Management includes request feature allowing business travellers with mobility impairments to book special assistance at the time of booking trips
• Tool includes a raft of new features enabling a more tailored approach to booking corporate travel
Madrid, Spain, 25 November 2008:
Amadeus, a leading provider of technology to the travel and tourism industry, has today launched a new version of its self-booking tool for corporations which includes a feature enabling users with mobility impairments to request special assistance at airports at the time of booking their trip.
Visually impaired travellers or those with reduced mobility will be able to easily request assistance, such as a wheelchair or a guide in advance of travel, for every necessary stage of their flight.
Additionally, the latest release of Amadeus e-Travel Management version 12.0 offers business travellers more choice of hotel and air fares aimed to ultimately make booking more efficient and improve the travel experience for business travellers. For travel managers and corporations, the self-booking tool enables cost-effectiveness and staff productivity.
Other new features of the award-winning corporate self-booking tool include:
• Premium Economy class on Amadeus Single View: The self-booking tool will show Premium Economy class fares within its state-of-the-art Single View display, offering employees a wider selection of fares and therefore helping travel managers balance travel cost with travel quality.
• Best Available Rate Hotel Indicator: The addition of the indicator will enable travellers to choose from some 50,000 hotels participating in the Amadeus Best Available Rate programme which guarantees access to equivalent or lower fares available from any distribution channel, including the hotel’s own website. This prevents travellers from wasting time comparing fares on disparate systems.
• ‘Passenger type’ discounted fares: Travellers will be able to select a ‘passenger type’ where they qualify for a discounted fare. Amadeus e-Travel Management will then automatically apply the appropriate fare to the traveller when making a booking.
“We want to ensure a more tailored service for business travellers via our technology and the features we have added to Amadeus e-Travel Management 12.0 respond to this,” said Frank Palapies, Amadeus’ Head of Global Commercial Operations. “Business travellers with mobility impairments – whether temporary or permanent – should not have to spend any more time than other travellers on booking special assistance. We want the corporate self-booking tool to cater to all business travellers needs while ensuring corporations reduce expenditure, without sacrificing quality.”
- ends -
Notes to the editors
is the chosen technology partner for providers, sellers, and buyers of travel. The company provides distribution, IT and point-of-sale solutions to help its customers adapt, grow and succeed in the fast changing travel industry. Customer groups include travel providers (airlines, hotels, car rental companies, railway companies, ferry lines, cruise lines, insurance companies and tour operators), travel sellers (travel agencies) and travel buyers (corporations and travellers). Solutions are grouped in four solution categories – Distribution & Content, Sales & e-Commerce, Business Management and Services & Consulting.
Solutions for corporations
Amadeus’ vision is to provide next generation travel technology that encourages collaboration amongst all players within the travel industry. To realise this we are investing in technology that will allow the seamless integration of content, data and systems whether they are part of Amadeus or whether they are from third party suppliers. Over the coming years, Amadeus will expand its unique approach to Corporate Travel. By providing the technology solutions that span before, during and after all travel steps, the existing Online Booking tool is evolving beyond trip booking to provide the Total Trip Experience for Corporate Travellers. The move towards mobile technology is an integral part of the vision of what the travel experience should be.
Amadeus' corporate travel solution, Amadeus e-Travel Management, helps corporations manage their global travel programmes more efficiently and cost-effectively. The solution helps business travellers plan, personalise and purchase their trip while remaining compliant with the global travel policy. Over 2,500 corporations worldwide with more than one million active users utilise Amadeus e-Travel Management to integrate all the elements of their programmes into one intuitive and easy-to-administer solution. Customers include Altría, Cemex, Daimler, Ericsson, Huntsman, Nestlé, Total and Thales.
More information about Amadeus is available at: http://www.amadeus.com/corporations
Media Relations / Corporate Marketing
tel : +34 91 177 1809
fax : +34 91 582 0188
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
tel: +44 (0)20 7269 7294
fax: +44 (0)20 7831 8438