Last Updated – 23 April 2018
Amadeus is committed to protecting the privacy of Personal Information it collects and processes. Amadeus will act in compliance with applicable data protection legislation.
We, Amadeus Group, want you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose Personal Information (information that identifies you as an individual).
Who is collecting and processing the Personal Information
What Personal Information do we collect and what is the legal basis for the processing of the Personal Information
When you are navigating through the Site you are accepting the Terms and Conditions, so, in order to that, there is a contractual relationship with you that make we base our legal ground for us to process your personal data on this contractual relationship that we have with you.
However, processing personal data collected by filling in specific forms on the Site that have different purposes (newsletters, specific campaigns, contests, etc.) is based on your consent so you can revoke it at any time through the channels provided to you.
We will also obtain a set of data by the combination of the details provided by you and your navigation. We base that on our legitimate business interest.
What Types of Information Do We Collect?
Amadeus collects and processes information from you at various stages during your time using the Site.
The types of Personal Information that we collect and process includes:
a. Personal Information:
- Salutation, Name, last name, address, company name, job title, country, indus-try, mobile phone and email address.
b. Any other info you provide to us in contact forms (you will see exactly what in-formation we collect form you by filling the fields in the form);
- IP details and location data; and
Information you give us
Personal Information is information that identifies you as an individual. The information we collect may include: name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, and other personal information you provide by submitting forms on the Site.
Information we and our third party service providers may collect from you
. You have the option to accept the Cookies we use by accepting them via the "Cookies Banner" which comes up when accessing the Site for the first time. Please note that once you have accepted usage of Cookies, this "Cookies Banner" will no longer appear. Nevertheless you always have the option to disable the Cookies at any time.
Technical Information This may include your IP Address, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
For what purpose is your Personal Information used?
We use the Personal Information collected from you:
- To fulfill your requests (e.g. to send you news and updates and answers to your ques-tions), according to the forms you may fill.
- To obtain your feedback (e.g. through a survey), in case you want to provide us with it.
- To inform you by e-mail of our products and services, special offers and promotions, and any other marketing materials which we think may interest you.
- To send you information regarding the Site such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
- For our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new prod-ucts, enhancing our website, improving our services and identifying usage trends. This information may be used as personal information and non-personal information.
- To detect, prevent or otherwise address security or technical issues in connection with services provided through this Site.
We may combine personal information collected from your navigation with the information provided by you through different channels (newsletters, specific campaigns, contests, etc.) obtaining a set of all your data provided to Amadeus. We will use this combined information to understand which are your preferences regarding the Amadeus services and products and to be able to provide you a targeted experience. We need to understand who are you and what your needs are. Having that knowledge we can offer you what you expect from us.
If you change your mind, and no longer wish to receive marketing-related e-mails from us on a going-forward basis, you may unsubscribe from receiving such marketing-related e-mails or from such sharing at any time by by managing your preferences here
Who is the Personal Information shared with?
In addition, we may also disclose your information to:
- Third parties, business partners, suppliers, subcontractors and service providers for the performance of any contract we enter into with them;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimiza-tion of our Site;
- an affiliate or other third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or simi-lar proceedings); and
- if necessary: (a) under applicable law including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal processes; (c) to respond to requests from public and gov-ernment authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;(d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Any sharing of Personal Information using third party platforms would be governed by the terms of the third party platform used.
Third Party Sites and sending messages through the site
This Site may permit you to send messages regarding Site-related content to another individual though the site. If you wish to use this feature, you may be required to provide us with the individuals email address. By using this functionality, you affirm that you are entitled to use and provide us with the recipient's name and email address for this purpose. Amadeus shall not assume any liability that may arise from sending this kind of messages to the recipients as we are doing this at your request.
Information that you share
Some services may let you share information with others. As a recommendation we urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the Site.
Security and Integrity of Personal Information
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please do not send us sensitive information through e-mail. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the contacting section of this Site. Please note that e-mail communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly you should not include credit card information in your e-mail correspondence with us.
Retention of Personal Information
Use of the Site by Children
The Site is not directed to children, and we request such individuals to not provide Personal Information through the Site.
Data Access, correction requests and other questions
If you would like to access, review, correct, update or otherwise limit our use of your Personal Information that has been previously provided to us, you may contact us by email in the English language via firstname.lastname@example.org
. For security reasons, we reserve the right to take steps to authenticate your identity before providing access to Personal Information. Amadeus may also be restricted from allowing access to, change or deletion of some Personal Information.
Although Amadeus intends to carefully address any request and/or claim from you, as well as carefully process your personal information, you are entitled to file any claim or complaint before the relevant data protection authorities, if the answer provided by Amadeus does not meet your expectations.