Last Updated – 04 May 2018
Amadeus is committed to protecting the privacy of Personal Information it collects and processes. Amadeus will act in compliance with applicable data protection legislation.
We, Amadeus Group, want you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose Personal Information (information that identifies you as an individual).
Who is collecting and processing the Personal Information
What is the legal basis for the processing of the Personal Information
The legal basis for processing your personal data is that the processing is necessary for the performance of the relationship with you, which is regulated by the Terms and Conditions and by the specific forms collecting your data.
The legal bases for processing the personal data for research, analytical and statistical purposes and to identify products and services that may be of interest to individuals is on the bases of the legitimate interest of Amadeus. Where personal data is processed for these purposes the privacy impact on the individuals whose data is being processed will be considered.
What Types of Information Do We Collect?
Amadeus collects and processes information from you at various stages during your time using the Site.
The types of Personal Information that we collect and process includes:
a. Personal Information:
a. Salutation, Name, last name, address, company name, job title, country, indus-try, mobile phone and email address.
b. Any other info you provide to us in contact forms (you will see exactly what in-formation we collect form you by filling the fields in the form);
b. IP details and location data; and
For what purpose is your Personal Information used?
We use the Personal Information collected from you:
- To fulfill your requests (e.g. to send you news and updates and answers to your ques-tions), according to the forms you may fill.
- To obtain your feedback (e.g. through a survey), in case you want to provide us with it.
- To inform you by e-mail of our products and services, special offers and promotions, and any other marketing materials which we think may interest you.
- To send you information regarding the Site such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
- For our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new prod-ucts, enhancing our website, improving our services and identifying usage trends. This information may be used as personal information and non-personal information.
- To detect, prevent or otherwise address security or technical issues in connection with services provided through this Site.
We may combine personal information collected from your navigation with the information provided by you through different channels (newsletters, specific campaigns, contests, etc.) obtaining a set of all your data provided to Amadeus. We will use this combined information to understand which are your preferences regarding the Amadeus services and products and to be able to provide you a targeted experience. We need to understand who are you and what your needs are. Having that knowledge we can offer you what you expect from us.
If you change your mind, and no longer wish to receive marketing-related e-mails from us on a going-forward basis, you may unsubscribe from receiving such marketing-related e-mails or from such sharing at any time by using the tool provided to you.
Who is the Personal Information shared with?
In addition, we may also disclose your information to:
- Third parties, business partners, suppliers, subcontractors and service providers for the performance of any contract we enter into with them;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimiza-tion of our Site;
- an affiliate or other third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or simi-lar proceedings); and
- if necessary: (a) under applicable law including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal processes; (c) to respond to requests from public and gov-ernment authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;(d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Where such disclosures take place Amadeus requires the appropriate technical and organizational security measures to be in place to protect personal data and for personal data to be processed lawfully.
Amadeus only allow affiliates and third party service providers to use personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with Amadeus instructions.
Any sharing of Personal Information using third party platforms would be governed by the terms of the third party platform used.
International Transfer of Traveler Personal Data
When Amadeus share your personal data with its affiliates and third party service providers who process personal data on behalf of Amadeus this will involve transferring personal data outside the EEA. When personal data is transferred to another country it will continue to receive adequate protection through contractual or other arrangements put in place with Affiliates and third party service providers. For these transfers at least one of the following appropriate safeguards will be implemented;
- Personal data will be transferred to countries that have been deemed to provide an ad-equate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission;
- Standard data protection clauses approved by the European Commission which give personal data transferred the same protection it has in EEA;
- With affiliates and third party service providers based in the US, Privacy Shield which gives personal data similar protection it has in EEA;
Further information on the appropriate safeguards used when transferring personal data outside the EEA can be requested through the contact details set out below in the section legal rights. When requesting this information please make a reference to the transfer of personal data outside the EEA.
Third Party Sites and sending messages through the site
This Site may permit you to send messages regarding Site-related content to another individual though the site. If you wish to use this feature, you may be required to provide us with the individuals email address. By using this functionality, you affirm that you are entitled to use and provide us with the recipient's name and email address for this purpose. Amadeus shall not assume any liability that may arise from sending this kind of messages to the recipients as we are doing this at your request.
Information that you share
Some services may let you share information with others. As a recommendation we urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the Site.
Security and Integrity of Personal Information
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please do not send us sensitive information through e-mail. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the contacting section of this Site. Please note that e-mail communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly you should not include credit card information in your e-mail correspondence with us.
When Personal Data is processed on behalf of Amadeus access is limited to those who have a business need to know, Personal Data will be processed in accordance with the instructions of Amadeus and those who have access are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Amadeus have in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify individuals and any applicable regulator of a breach where they are legally required to do so.
Retention of Personal Information
Amadeus retains personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes it was collected for including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
Please note that on any forms where you provide us with your details, we may specify the period of time that we intend keep the data according to the specific proposes defined in the form.
Use of the Site by Children
The Site is not directed to children, and we request such individuals to not provide Personal Information through the Site.
Under certain circumstances individuals can exercise rights under data protection laws. You can exercise these rights relating to your personal data, or contact Amadeus for data protection related questions, by email to email@example.com
or write to Chief Privacy Officer, Amadeus IT Group, S.A. C/Salvador de Madariaga 1, 28027 Madrid, Spain.
For the following rights please make a reference to the following in the request:
- Right to access – request for access to personal data
- Right to object – object to processing of personal data for the purpose of analytics
- Right to information about
- Amadeus affiliates and third party service providers who process personal data on behalf of Amadeus;
- transfers to third countries – information about data transfers outside EEA;
Amadeus will require authentication of your identity and may require additional information to confirm that the rights that you may have under data protection laws are being exercised correctly.
Although Amadeus intends to carefully address any request and/or claim from you, as well as carefully process your personal information, you are entitled to file any claim or complaint before the relevant data protection authorities, if the answer provided by Amadeus does not meet your expectations.
This Privacy Notice is published by Amadeus IT Group S.A and may be changed at any time. The date it was updated is shown here, May 04, 2018.