Madrid, May 14 2007
– Amadeus, a global leader in technology and distribution solutions for the travel and tourism industry, and Destinations of the World (DOTW) the only dedicated global wholesale travel company and a leader in the travel wholesale industry, today announced a strategic partnership. The agreement will enable the organisations to share each other’s content, boosting their ability to serve the global travel agency community, the hospitality industry and travellers.
The partnership will enable travel agents using Amadeus’ distribution system to access DOTW rates and inventory content for hotels and apartments in the Middle East, Indian Sub Continent, South East Asia and Australia. DOTW will connect to the CRS of hotels through the Amadeus system to enable access to continuously updated rates and inventory.
In addition, travel agents using the DOTW portal will have access to the thousands of hotels worldwide available on Amadeus. These hotels will also be made available through DOTW’s new advanced online reservation system ‘DOTWconnect’. This will increase DOTW’s hotel portfolio globally and provide their customers with a much wider choice of available product. Travel agents using DOTWconnect will not only have access to inventory and rates, but will also enable them to undertake commission clearing and pre-payment.
The tie up between the two companies offers a multitude of benefits to both the travel trade and suppliers worldwide:
Benefits to the Travel Trade
- Guaranteed Hotel Commission Payments, from Destinations of the World, in local currency, fortnightly and direct to the travel agent’s account
- Multiple Payment Choices
- Market Specific pricing
- Comprehensive range of products
- Local sales and operations support
- Access to the hotels dynamic pricing
- User-friendly on-line Reservation system with rich multimedia content
- Reliable booking application
- Seamless communication
Benefits to the Suppliers
- Expanded global distribution to the travel trade
- Seamless reservations between the Supplier and the Travel Trade clients
- Dynamic pricing to the travel trade
- Rate integrity
- Guaranteed payments from a reliable and credible source
Keith Fernandez, Group Managing Director of Destinations of the World Group, said, “We are pleased to announce this new partnership that includes perfect synergies and equal opportunities for both companies. Destinations of the World will open doors for Amadeus in markets where we have a strong presence and Amadeus provides us with the opportunity to distribute our products via the GDS in territories where Amadeus have the largest penetration”.
" Amadeus is committed to providing even more choice and service to travel agents, hotels and international travellers. Enriching our hotel content continues to be one of our major priorities and we are delighted to be entering into this partnership as it significantly boosts our ability to offer value to the international hospitality community", said Julia Sattel, Vice President, Markets Europe, Middle East, Africa & Latin America, Amadeus.
"Our partnership with DOTW helps us to grow even more our content offering to our users worldwide and enables hoteliers to increase their global reach thus providing them with increased volumes of reservations", added Antoine Medawar, managing director, Amadeus Hospitality Business Group.
The interface between DOTWconnect and Amadeus will be developed in several stages starting with the hotel module followed by Car Rental, Air and finally an All Inclusive Dynamic Package module.
The development will commence mid this year with plans to complete the first phase before the end of 2007.
For further information, please click here